1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Advice About What to Do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redelle, May 29, 2015.

1. Redelle

Redelle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alrighty, this may seem awkward since I am a generally awkward person, so here it goes:

I am not one of those people that always new they weren't straight. At first I thought I was straight since that it the norm of society, plus being raised in an isolated town didn't help. Open-minded, but isolated so I was never really educated in things outside the norm since it didn't seem to affect me, especially when I was really little. As time went on and I started to learn about the world and grow up a little bit I started to self-reflect more and wonder if I am comfortable with who I am and who I will become, especially now that college is about a year away. Some of this self-refection has had me questioning my sexuality and who I am attracted to. I have had crushes on guys before, but I find myself being attracted to girls now too. After some deep soul-searching I have come to realize that I am definitely not straight: either bisexual or lesbian.

My realization has made me more comfortable and happy with myself, but at the same time it raises more questions about what to do now that I realize I am either bisexual or lesbian. The main question being what do I do now? Also now I want to let it out, but I am not ready to tell family or friends yet so I think here is a good place to start coming out. Also any general advice you can give me would help me a lot.

Man I need a hug after writing this post (*hug*)

2. anniesims

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Id just go with what you feel comfortable with and what you're ready for. I know the feeling of wanting to let it out but not being ready to tell people close to you. Its a big step. Is tere even just one friend that you could tell? Also, there should be some type of youth support group close enough to drive to. I wish I could give you some better advice. {Hug}