1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Point

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Winter Maiden, May 29, 2015.

1. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been trying to not let the misgendering get to me but I just can't help it. Since my family speaks only Spanish the language itself increases the frecuency of the misgendering. Lately it has become more difficult for me to hide my discomfort and pain when being misgendered. And sometimes I feel like just coming out as a last resort to get the pain to stop. But I cannot do this. I know it will not go well with my family.

I need some advice in dealing with this or simply someone to talk to.

Thank you for tkaing the time to read this.

2. AngelaIvyBloom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It is hard, so hard. But you've got to remember, this fear is happening to them as well. And they are not the ocean. We are all the ocean together. Get your friends behind you. Get your support. Get people who understand you. Then when you confront them with the truth you're not a simple wave in the ocean splashing against them. You are a part of the current. And if they don't accept you, at least you have your friends there to keep you strong. And eventually your family, if they really love you, they will come around. And if they don't you have your support group behind you.