1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure whether this guy like likes me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jork32, May 30, 2015.

1. Jork32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi all

I'm 21 years old and have been out to my closet family and friends for 3 years
    I would appreciate some advice on the following matter

I met this guy at work about a year ago, and basically I give him am his instructor for aviation. He is also 21.
    When I first saw him I was physically attracted to him and later emotionally.
    We hit it off right away and I find him very easy to talk to.
    He is a very friendly kind of guy and I have noticed he is like this with most people he meets
    However, if I'm not at work he asks where I am and when I'll be back. We txt a bit and snapchat each other the most randomist stuff and he compliments me on such things as my hair, my baking lol. He says he loves my snaps. When we talk we are constantly laughing and I feel like he flirts with me for example; he keeps sustained eye contact throughout our conversation, Makes me laugh, I make him laugh we can talk for hours. We have similar personalities and taste in music and clothing, family values etc. we have been away together once and went for a drink and I invited him back to my house.
    Just tonight I went around to his house and met his family along with his other family friends for his birthday. I could see him looking at me out the corner of my eye when I was taking to others or even when I was listening to others.

I have no idea if he is gay or feels like I do about him, is he just friendly or does he want more? He never talks about girls or anything sexual, and he doesn't know I'm gay. I'm really unsure on how to take it a step further because I don't want to lose him as a Friend of he gets offended. And it would make it awkward at work.
    My hearts telling me there may be a chance but my brain is saying otherwise.
    Please help !

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you need to come out to him and see what he says to you. You don't have to say you are attracted to him to come out to him. In this case it would be better to just let him know you are gay in a casual manner, as though it is no big deal. You could even do it by putting on some subtle rainbow jewelry and wait to see what his reaction is; a wrist bracelet or ring, or something unobtrusive, and see if he asks you about it. If he is gay, he will probably notice it and start a discussion. If he isn't, then you haven't shoved it into his face, and you can continue to enjoy your friend/tutor relationship. Or, you could always ask him if he would like to go out for a drink, and take him to a gay bar, and see how he reacts. Some guys have a sort of bromance relationship to their flight instructors, so it might be nothing more than that. But, from how you describe him and how he acts, you might be pleasantly surprised.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sounds like he is into you. You should bring up the topic of relationships to find out whether he is gay or not. :slight_smile:

4. Jork32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks both of you guys for the support, this has honestly helped me tremendously. I plan to let him know I'm gay. Cheers

5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    That's great Jork, let us know how it goes! :slight_smile: