1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll be free soon

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 447, May 31, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In the next few months, I'll be leaving home. I've known that I'm gay for a very long time, and I've always craved the affection of another man. It'd be a dream to marry one. But I have anxieties and doubt holding me back. It's why I've never ever came out through all of these years.

I have never been free of the worry that being gay is a sin. No one so far has proven it to be okay to me, or at least without strongly chastising me for feeling guilty. Is there any other answer either than "love is love" and "get over it?" I tend to be a philosophical person, so I really think seriously about this stuff.

Also, I have a choice. I can ignore my sexuality or I can follow through with my love for men. I have the resources and a job opening to move to San Francisco. If I did that I would pursue my sexuality and get involved with the local gay community. In the long run, if I can overcome my doubts I would be very very happy and fulfilled with a future in San Fran.

It's a big turning point, what should I do?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do what you just said. Move to the Bay Area and start living. Being gay is no more of a "sin" than being short; it is who you are, not what you are doing. Don't waste any more time thinking about it, just do it.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Take the chance and don't look back.
    Moving to Berlin saved my life 15 years ago. Best decission I ever made.

There will be some challenges in your way, being young and all that, but they are just part of growing up. Right now it's all about you, so you better take all the chances and make it memorable.

I remember Frisco as a great place, even if I just visited it, the city gave me way better vibes than L.A.