1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do??!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by freakoffashion01, Jun 8, 2005.

1. freakoffashion01

Hey everbody!! it's me again.

As some of you may remember, I had the topic "He's gay, I'm gay..." (if you haven't read it, then I might sugest reading it first before this one, so that you get a better idea about this topic.

Anyway, so I decided to start talking with him first, right? Get to know him, see how he reacted around me (and me around him). Earlier this week, one of his friends (whose a girl), came up and i asked me if she could tell me something and if I would promise not tell anybody. she told me that he did like me. I do believe it to be true, not just because I like him, but because she is also a friend of mine and she really has nothing to gain by lying to any one of us (after all, just about everyone who knows either myself or him, know that we're gay; hence the loss of blackmail material).

So anyway....

I am thinking about all this. I mean this has never happened to me before, so i can't fall back on previous experience. I want to ask him out, but however corny this may sound,.......I don't know how!!

Normally when I come across something that I can't comprehend at that moment, I take the time to think and figure out all possible ways to approach the challenge.

But when it comes to this, my mind turns blank. for those of you who might have had this same predictament, what did you do?

See, I just can't go up to him and say, "I like you, let's go out." That's not me.

I'm sorry if some of this doesn't make sense or if all this appears as a jumble of words, but my mind is in overload about all this.

Whew, I need to take a breather....

thanks for reading!!

2. nisomer

Wow that is so awesome! What I would suggest is, since you are already talking to him and getting to know him, just ask him to go do something or go somewhere during a conversation. Just let it come out gradually. "hey I was thinking we should..." "hey wanna do something this weekend?" something like that maybe? Or you could start a topic with what you guys have in common, and then do something together with it.

btw I totally understand how you are feeling, and am so happy for you (!)

3. Aaron

Aaron Guest

nk1114 is right. Just casually ask him if he wants to do something. If he mentions there is a movie out he wants to see, then say you want to see it too, and suggest to go together. You don't have to declare it a date before hand. Just do something with him, and see how the 'activitiy' (whatever it may be) develops. Good luck, and keep us posted! :icon_mrgr

4. cowboy_wannabe

congrats! i hope i'm not too late to offer up some advice... one thing that i like to do when i'm asking out guys is to do the "whatchadoin' " aproach. basically, i ask what they're doing this weekend and take it from there.

say, for example, he's going to see a movie. "oh, really, what one? oh yeah, i've wanted to see that for a long time!" generally (especially in this case because he likes you) they'll either ask you to come along which really takes the pressure off of you.

you can bend it to work in any sort of situation... say he's with family. "oh, well, if you need to get away, you know my number."

i dunno, that's the trap i set, anyway. :slight_smile:

5. goratrix

slow down! I'm taking notes... XD

tell us how it goes freak (ok, that wasn't an insult, i was just trying to shorten your name... XD)

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that sounds awesome... I guess people have already said that.

I guess it's 12 days after the fact so maybe my 2 cents has depreciated to nothing but I would totally go to for the movie angle and then it that goes okay, ask if he wants to grab a bite to eat (ask after the movie).

Let us know what's going on!

7. goratrix

still curious here... since I have no life I am forced to live through others...

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously just do something, and trust me it'll work out!!

9. hawkeye

two words: Low Selfesteem (how'd i do making that two words?)

curious here too!.

10. goratrix

Ok, it might be because I just spent the whole day studying geometry, but I didn't understand that sentence... care to explain it to me plase??? pretty please??

11. hawkeye

lol, i knew it was getting late. I usualy use "two words" to mean "plain and simple", but i believe self esteem is two words, so i squished them together, for a total of two words, allowing it to work.

12. goratrix

Ok... still don't getting it... I guess I am dumb after all.

Ok, so this morning I had a Geometry test, and I think I might be one of the few that actually did all right... most of my classmates, including those who I thought had better chances than me had trouble with this test... So I won't let this little word game ruin my over inflated self esteem... XD.

And yes, I DO have low self esteem, but I thought that was pretty clear, specially in my posts about AC...

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, it's "low self-esteem" so it's two words without any effort on your part. :slight_smile: