1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't even know if I should come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheWarmThrill, Jun 1, 2015.

1. TheWarmThrill

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only person I've told is my girlfriend, and I don't even know if I should tell anyone else. I don't think anyone in my family would care, and my friends wouldn't be surprised. And, it's not like this doesn't matter to me, because I certainly care about my attractions and who (and what) I have fantasies about, but should it matter to anyone else? The only thing really motivating me to try is the hypothetical scenario where I decide to date another man. I wouldn't want to do so in secret, and waiting until after the relationship begins could betray my parents' trust in me. I guess I'm just sort of confused as to if I should come out at all... And if so, at what point? Do you guys have any advice?

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is up to you on where and when you tell it. The way you tell it is a different thing. If you are not ready to tell it face to face, you can write a note or send them a text message. If you want to tell it face to face you just go with the flow and tell them, or you can also practice to tell it.
    The main thing in here is that you are sure you want to tell it to them. Don't rush yorself to do it, if you're not sure. Just gather your gourage and tell them if you want to tell.

I hope, that I could've help in some way.
    Good luck! :slight_smile:

#2 bigspeakers, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it really shouldn't matter to anyone else who you are attracted to, except the person you are attracted to, but your parents will need to know what is going on if you want to bring your boyfriends to their home with you; you have not said how old you are and whether you are still living with your parents. If you are living on your own, then you can pretty much do what you want to with your dates, women or men, and decide when to tell them, if you tell them at all. If you decide to have a longer term relationship with another man, you will probably eventually want your parents to know what is going on.