1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unacceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tncj55, Jun 1, 2015.

1. tncj55

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out. When i went to church on sunday they kicked me out. I cant go to youth group anymore or on mission trips and they told me im going to hell and that im an abomination. What do i do im being shunned from the place i ove the most. Around town peoe treat me like im a monster and nobody helps me out at all helpme

2. bigspeakers

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry for you! I haven't being in a same like situation. I'm not even religious, but...
    So you live in a religious town/sect? Do you have any friends who aren't religious? Do your family still support you? Is there a change that you can move away from there?

I don't have anything else to come up with. That kind of situation is so tricky, because if there is a whole town against to you, no one knows how the peoples act and their opinion can be difficult to change.

Good Luck! Big virtual hug!!!!!!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm so, so sorry that happened to you. I can't directly relate because I haven't been in quite the same situation, but I can imagine how alienating that must feel to you. And, to be honest, it makes my blood boil that you're being told that by these people who supposedly are following the Word of God which, above all else, says to love your fellow man, to embrace people exactly as they are, and not to judge.

You are a beautiful person who deserves love, kindness and acceptance. Unfortunately, you are surrounded by a bunch of people who are blinded by ignorance and bigotry and fear. There isn't a whole lot you can do to change their minds, since these people aren't operating from a rational state of mind.

What you can do is contact your local PFLAG chapter. If you're out to your parents, perhaps you and they can go to a meeting together. PFLAG may be able to tell you of a local church that is affirming and accepting of gay people; there are quite a few that are, and more that are opening their arms every day.

Finally, remember that this period of difficulty will pass. You'll find new friends who will love, accept and appreciate you for who you are. That may take a bit of time, so in the meantime, put your energy into being the best person you can be. Try to understand the limitations of the people who kicked you out and, if you can, find compassion for their ignorance and hatred, because that's what a true Christian would do.

And know that you have this online community of people to talk to and share your experiences with.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one should ever be treated as you were by an entity that calls itself a church, and in particular a Christian church. But you should know that, all churches are not alike, even when the members call themselves "Christians", but don't act like Christians. There are churches which are accepting, and in which the members live the life of Christians, not just pretend they are.

You have not said why you are going to this particular church, but children are usually taken to a particular church because their parents go there. You have not said what your parents think about your sexuality and what their reaction to these events is and how you are being treated by the church. IF I were your parents, I would probably be yelling in the faces of the people who are treating you like this, and telling THEM that they are going to Hell and are "abominations" for their despicable behavior, just before I turned on my heels and walked out of that church forever.

The good news is that you do have at least one Christian church in Chattanooga which will understand and accept you just as you are. Google "Chattanooga Metropolitan Community Church" for information about the The Rock MCC church, and see if your parents will take you there so you can check it out to see if it meets your needs. There may be other churches in your area which are also accepting; just look around for them, and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

5. tncj55

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents are not accepting at all

---------- Post added 2nd Jun 2015 at 02:31 PM ----------

My mom told me i van be part of the family again when i stop with this phase

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your mom is very willfully ignorant of reality. Please do go to the PFLAG site and get some literature for your parents, and put it where they can find it. Ignorance can be fixed by education, if a person is willing to learn. I hope your parents can, for your sake.