1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out But Don't Know How

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ninnie, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Ninnie

Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so here is the thing. I am Gender-fluid and I know that deep inside me but I still get those moments where I think: "Maybe I'm just confused?" or "Maybe I am just a trans-male and feel female because that's how I was raised?"

I know my confusion on this is simply me trying to get used to the idea I am not cis. I truly believe and know that I am Gender-fluid. Now my biggest concern is I have been wanting more and more to come out. I want to begin expressing myself as male when I am male. The thing holding me back from coming out to my mom (and by extension my dad) is I am unsure how to when I myself am feeling confused.

My mom and dad are great people. They have been there through all the crap I have stuck them in over the pass four years. My mom has a Trans sibling (FTM) who we still use female pronouns and names for. My parents aren't freaked out by my aunt. My dad does have the tendency to make homophobic/trans-phobic comments not out of hate but as how he grew up.

I know I will be safe and still have a place to live with them if I come out. I am just unsure how to come out. I hate having face-to-face conversations about deep things like this but I don't think a letter is enough to explain.

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dear friend,

First and foremost coming out is not a race do it at your own pace. Secondly if you're having troubles not convincing yourself walki into your bathroom and look in the mirror and say that you're in the mirror. I know it sounds stupid but it helped me when I had doubts. Lastly you and I both share a hatred for face-to-face deep conversations. The thing is prepare to feel awkward, very very awkward. It will be so wierd to be serious with you parents but you should learn to power through it because down the road there will be more deep meaningful talks in your future.

I wish the best for you,
    Wolf of The Baltic