1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a right time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 30, 2007.

1. hoping

is there really a right time to come out. my mum is going to divorce my arsehole of a step father soon and i dont want her to stress out about me being gay. so does anyone have any advice

2. Jim1454

I think you've already concluded that it probably isn't a good time right now. Go with your gut, and wait. You can be as open as you want about it in here in the mean time!

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree, while the divorce is going on is not a good time. Wait until that is over and everything has settled down again (that could take a few months).

4. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're going through something similar to what I am. My Dad just divorced his second wife over the winter and is moving on to his third in a few weeks (He likes to have affairs). I'm moving to a whole different region of the country in a few days too, my house is in pieces and the boxes are everywhere, and it just happens to be the time I feel like I need to come out. I'd wait until the dust clears from the divorce and then come out, just like I'm going to wait a few weeks until after my Dad's wedding and our move. Just from my life experiences, and some people may disagree, having massive amounts of stress and change at one time is easier than having it all spread out. At least that way it's all over and done with and you can just move on.

5. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would wait until after the divorce.

6. Sam

Sam

I would wait until after things settle down because if you do it now it might cause her to have a worse reaction than she normally would due to the stress that she is under, and why cause her unneccessary stress, waiting would be better for both of you.

Sam