1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Coming Out Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Creator, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Creator

Hello, this is my first thread and I am looking for advice on coming out. Here is my situation:
    I've only been in one relation ship in my life, with a female when I was very young. I did not enjoy it and the past few months I've started to think I might be gay and that is what I want to be. I've recently came out to one of my closest friends (who is also gay) and would like to come out to more people, preferably my parents. I've had a long time to think about it and want to tell them but I do not have the courage. I am looking for ways to tell them and how I can get the courage to tell them.
    So far I've got a plan for coming out to my mum. I am planning on telling her after school when we're alone when we get in or in the car on the way home. I think she'll take it well But I do not have the courage to tell her nor do I know the best way.
    Also, ever since I realised I was gay I cannot stop thinking about it, is that normal?
    Thank you for any advice you have to offer I look forward to reading your thoughts and opinions.

Kind regards,
    Creator.

#1 Creator, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

As for thinking about being gay non-stop, that's fine! – it's who you are and even if you're not vain, everyone thinks about who they are all the time.
    If you're really struggling with physically telling your mum or whoever, I've heard some great tips on coming out subtly (wearing a pride/rainbow band, openly supporting LGBT(...) things). I'm sure your friend can give you very personalised advice if you decide talking is the best way for you to come out.
    I've only come out to a few people so I know how difficult it can be if they don't bring it up first. It's up to you how you do it.
    Good luck!
    Connor

3. Creator

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I am hoping to come out to my parents by the end of this month!

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

That's great! Nothing changed for me when I came out to my parents - maybe that's the best response though. Hope yours respond in an equally unsurprising way. :icon_bigg

5. Creator

I sure hope nothing changes. Besides, my sister loves those gay vloggers on youtuber and I have been to some of their book signings and plan on going to more of them so I hope that'll make it easier for them to accept me. They also really like these gay youtubers and they think they're really cool. So I am not worried about them having a bad reaction at all. It's just finding the confidence!

#5 Creator, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  6. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Honestly, if all my family could ask something along the lines of "is he the hot one of your friends?" or "aren't Richard Madden's pouty lips just so sexy?", coming out would be sooo much easier.

7. Creator

Haha, if only it was that easy.

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't think that your parent's best place to hear that you are gay is while driving a car. If you decide to do it that way, make sure that both she and you are wearing securely fastened seat belts, if you do it while the car is moving. It would probably be better to do it while the car is parked in a comfortable location to talk.

9. Creator

Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll do it when we just get in and it's just us to or maybe at night watching television in bed. I'm not too sure yet, but I'll find out soon enough!