1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will it be an anticlimax?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, Jun 6, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

I am bisexual and am mustering the ability to come out. I was just wondering whether anyone has ever come out and felt like it was all an anticlimax of sorts? No backlash? No tears? Nothing that felt like much had changed? And what was your response to this?

Interested to hear what everyone's experience or thoughts may be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Oh yes!
    Came out and absolutely nothing came of it. My mum said, "I think I've always known deep in me but Dad and I will always love you."
    I guess it was a pretty good result – wouldn't have wanted anything else I think. The local youth service manager wrote a very good article in the local papers about exactly this after Tom Daley came out. "You might change the world but its not going to bother to change for you just because you're gay" is what she summarised when I had a chat to her.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2015 at 11:55 PM ----------

I should add that it wasn't an anticlimax as I didn't expect any kind of extreme reaction. I wasn't sure that my parents knew because my two bestfriends thought I was joking when I came out to them. I guess I'm pretty straight-acting.

3. YinYang

I guess the most climactic coming-out for me was one of my friends. I told her I was bi (I thought I was bi at the time) and she said "Really?" with an incredulous look on her face. I simply nodded my head and she said, "You know, so-and-so is, too, right?" That was it. So it isn't always super climactic for everyone. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally! Yesterday, after a week of thinking it over (+ fellow users' support(&&&)), I built the courage to decide I would come out to my mom at dinner. When I did, It was amazing! She immediately talked about how she would always support and love me and my siblings no matter what. And we hugged. That's exactly the reaction I had always read most about on EC, and I just hope I would get the same. But! My dad can't know till I move out and what not, because reasons. But anyway it was crazy, and super anticlimactic. I think that mostly is because coming out is one of those thing that must be SO built up because it could go bad, or good.