1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life drawing for friend, should I tell him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, Jun 6, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

I am aware that this may be one of the more bizarre posts that I will ever post on this site, but it is something I need to figure out... the gist is that in about a month I am going to be painted naked by my childhood friend as an art project.

My big question is whether or not I should come out to him considering that he is an attractive guy and whilst I will not become aroused over him, if something embarrassing happens whilst the painting is proceeding and then later down the road I come out, will he think that it meant something?

It should be mentioned that whilst the friend is a very chilled and considered friend he can sometimes be a little conservative and so he may decide he doesn't want to do the drawig anymore :frowning2: which would be a shame, as I think it would be an interesting experience.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing your response advice (...or experience ??.. :lol: )

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I had a recent experience modeling, not being drawn by a friend for whom I had feelings though. But I suspect nothing will happen as you are either concentrating on maintaining your pose or thinking about the next one...

Do the pose, and come out to him afterwards, there should be nothing to worry about "down there".

3. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I do worry about "down there though" I guess in my head it is a very sexual thing but I just want it to be a very arty thing. we are both arty people but at the same time my mind gets filthy as does everyone elses from time to time. I worry also that after I come out to him he will look back on the experience and feel embarrassed....

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He may feel embarrassed, but that shouldn't last long. Whether he is attractive or not, if he is not gay, there won't be anything happening.

Coming out is always the best option, and if he is truly your friend, he will know you better, which should strenghthen your friendship all the more. But only you can decide which is the best option.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

If you get an erection, then screw it. He is an artist, volunteering to paint a nude. If he is going to toss his cookies over a woody, then he shouldn't be in the business.

Look, my partner did massages for athletes while he was in college, trying to make some extra money to cover his expenses. He despised it, even though he was bisexual, because he was dealing with arrogant, homophobic jerks who nevertheless got gigantic erections from being served by somebody in a physical way. The thing is, a surprising number of straight guys get aroused, in certain situations.

Don't think of an erection as something that is going to out you. It's not the same. It could be many things, from stress to your emotional reaction to being naked, which could equivalently affect a straight guy.

Come out any time that you feel ready, and while you are sitting naked for some guy to draw you, think. Are you really embarrassed of your body? Your body is decent enough for someone to try to draw it, even though your body has flaws or things about it that are different from the ideal. If your body were just some cardboard cutout, then why the hell waste time drawing it? There are thousands of paintings of ideal bodies, but there can only be one painting of yours.

Be yourself, and use that as a moral example for the time when you are ready to come out. Make it your own.