1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends problems making me wait

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, Jun 6, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

It was quite hard to summaries the title as I did without in my mind feeling incredibly insensitive and inappropriate.

Background (skip to question if too long, but necessary)
    My friend (female) is bisexual and quite a strong character. She is very open about her sexuality and strong in the face of any jokes or hateful comments, standing her ground efficiently and with a degree of well presented sternness (if that makes sense... she puts people in her place, whilst keeping the situation light). Basically, I am not going to be out like her- I'm most likely going to be a constant mess for the rest of my life (but see my other post for that).

Recently she has been suffering for some pretty serious mental health stuff, we are talking the possibility of schizophrenia :frowning2: whilst she is operational and is still the friend I know and love, she is going through a tough time.

Last night we had a big heart to heart whilst out drunk and she said I always seemed very private and knew that whilst it was my own buisiness, she feels like she is always opening up about her stuff but feels I never reciprocate (which she respected but didn't understand why- fair enough)

The question: My coming out seemed appropriate before I left for summer, I could tell her and maybe one or two others and if the experience got too stressful I could just escape back home and recalculate. But now it all seems so superficial in the light of her condition? So do I wait and risk not wanting to come out after summer and also having to wait 2 months before I can tell her, or do I just tell her and hope for the best (it all seems rather selfish though?)

would love some advice?