1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you deal with not telling anyone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Unicornswag, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Unicornswag

Im not dealing with it too good, to be honest, for many reasons...
    • My family keep asking if I have a boyfriend.
    • Members of my family also keep telling me that they wouldn't be bothered if I was gay.
    • Im pretty sure that certain members of my family wouldn't except me.
    • My best friend keeps asking me if i think some boys are good looking.
    • I keep thinking that if i tell my best friend ill lose her, and she means so much to me.
    • I just want to talk to someone about my feelings, my whole life i haven't talked to someone heart to heart.
    • I've never kissed a girl, so what if i don't like it after i come out?
    • I also have issues with being rejected by people i care about (if you couldn't tell).
    In pretty sure no one will see this, but i just wanted to get it off my chest, and typing it seems to help :slight_smile: Also sorry if it was long.

2. Creator

I have a similar situation, people always ask me who I fancy and I've never kissed a boy or a girl whose not my parents . I don't want to tell certain people as they may not accept me, but I think my parents will take it well if I were to tell them.
    I would recomend telling the one person you trust, that one person who you know will take it well. That is what I did and hes the only person I'm out to. That'll give you someone to support you and someone you can speak to. Then they can help you tell more people and gain confidence in yourself.
    I'm only 13 and I feel like I have to tell my parents soon but I'm still struggling like you, I've never kissed a boy before and what if I don't like it after I've came out. Thats something you'll have to face and if they are really your friends and family they'll support you if you're unsure if your gay or straight.
    My advice would be to tell that one person you think'll take it well and you think'll support and assist you. Then hold onto them and use them for the support you need.

I hope this helped!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey it can be tough when you feel as though you are keeping a secret from everyone. You are not alone and things will get better.

Is there anyone you feel you could tell?

Try not to worry about the fact you have never kissed a girl, it is rare that people are wrong and if you came out and then fell in love with a guy well you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

4. Unicornswag

Glad to know that someones in a similar situation, thanks you helped a lot :slight_smile:

The only person that i would probably be comfortable telling is my best friend, but all i keep thinking is what if she doesn't accept me?
    Thanks for your help, you helped a lot :slight_smile:(*hug*)

5. Creator

If she doesn't accept you thats her fault and you shouldn't be ashamed. However I think she would accept you.
    This is because many people are getting to know more people who are Gay, Lesbian, etc due to social media, youtube and various other applications. We are accepted more in civilisation today, I think you'll be fine. If you think you should tell her, go for it!
    If you do decide to tell her, make sure to tell us what happens haha!

6. Unicornswag

Aww hahaa thanks, when i work up the courage to tell her ill let you know!

7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel, kind of. Though, I'm not the kind of person who'll be scared of being judged by people, I just CAN'T tell them. All the people I could potentially talk to have a connection to my parents except two friends, whom I already came out to. The others would tell my parents, and their reaction would be horrible and they'd separate me and my girlfriend, and she is the only person I consider family...
    Suppressing it is really, really hard.
    I suggest, if you have people to go to like your best friend, you should tell her and not worry about being judged. People can react better than you may think. And if she judges you for your orientation and acts differently around you, then she's not really that good a friend. Though it is pretty surprising if someone comes out to you, so she may be a bit awkward at first. It does take courage to come out though~ good luck

8. bi2me

It can be hard to tell someone. You can make 'ally' comments towards her to feel out her positions. That way you will know if she is generally supportive.

9. Unicornswag

Wow that sounds tough... Thanks for your help ^.^

10. Sunrays

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't cope with it well at all and after finally realising what my feelings meant ended up telling my mum everything just before my 16th birthday. It was hard at the time but I don't regret it. I guess I am unusual in that I told my parents first and started telling friends much later.

11. emma7

Hey there

Well for me it's going alright but i'll give you some help from what iv'e experienced.

My mum and grandma did/does this lol. Well kind of my mum would just joke about boys more than anything she just used to go "oh hes nice looking" or "oh bet you'lld like him :wink: " just the typical jokes sometimes about penis's. My grandma just keeps saying "i can't wait to see when she has a boyfriend!" (shes 95 bless her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

So with my mum that problem has now gone (YAY!) But I just shrugged it off and played along saying "oh yeah haha" etc etc. With my grandma I just do the same.
    So if you're not ready to come out just do that.

It's slightly different with my mum on this one. Seeing she's a bit homophobic she would say the typical homophobe "stuff" (to put it lightly) but she would always accept me and family members if they are gay. So to be honest ill'd say in your case this would be a re assuring thing :slight_smile:

Again same thing. If you're not ready to come out just play along. Iv'e had to play straight for a very long time, so if you want help on that one feel free to ask me :slight_smile:

Don't worry about it. Iv'e never kissed a girl yet I'm out. I'm sure you'll like it :slight_smile:

Don't worry I know how it feels. :/ Unfortunately some people have to be like that.

Well I hope this helped

Feel free to ask questions. Don't worry I wont bite! :icon_bigg

12. Unicornswag

Thanks this helped a lot :slight_smile: really reassuring (*hug*)

13. emma7

@Unicornswag ~ Glad I could help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: