1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metkigro, Dec 6, 2008.

1. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok lets start with the beginning, I have always been gay so natrually I always hung out with girls and had always been called gay. I would never admitt it though. I'm a closet case, but now I want to come out of the closet. But I'm worried about my family's reaction. I'm a junior in high school and i have a little brother that is a sophmore. So of course rumor is going to spread. I really need some advice. Should I stay in or come out?

2. It all depends on how hostile or not you think you're classmates and parents would be about it. If you think that they'd be alright with it, then you may all set to start coming out. If there might be a lot of bad reactions, then it may be worth your while to wait a bit.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its up to you. Chances are if others have picked up on you, then your family has too. They are just waiting for you to say it. Alot of people here have gauged their parents reactions by discussing gay marriage or a gay tv show with their parents. You can try that and see how it goes.

4. Pendrin2020

Personally, I asked myself if I was willing to tell everyone first. as long as I'm willing, I'm true to myself. then I let my head step into the way and keep me from doing something foolish. I settled for widening my inner circle and just livin'. Like midnight said, see how hostile it is and make a choice. You don't have to be all in or all out. So long as you are happy, you really can't go wrong. Just make sure that you are emotionally ready. Have people there to lean on for support. If you feel that you need to, most schools have counselors that you can go to.

Hope that helps.

5. jasen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    same here but I am a freshman and my brother is a junior so I realy dont know what to do either

6. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks you guys

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have said, it'll depend on your situation.

* How do your parents feel about homosexuality in general?
    * How are other kids who are (or may be) gay treated at your school?
    * How do your friends treat homosexuality as a subject? How do they treat the gay kids at school?

These things will give you a better idea of whether or not to come out, and who to come out to.

Lex