1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by yooper, Jun 7, 2015.

1. yooper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Next month, I am going to come out to one of my best friends. He'll be the first person who will know that I'm gay. I don't think that he will be bothered with the fact that I'm gay, but I'm worried about a few things. I'll explain below...
    First off, he's one of those guys who (I don't know how to put it) "plays gay" with his guy friends. He's completely straight and has a girlfriend whom I've also grown semi-close to. I don't think plays gay is the right way to put it, but we've went on trips together with a few other friends and we always end up sharing a bed in the motel room and he'll always scoot over or jump on top of me and give me a kiss on the cheek or something to that effect. Keep in mind that he is my friend and I don't have any feelings for him.
    Now comes the whole point of this post...I don't want, when I come out, him to remember those times, some of which weren't too long ago, and think that I enjoyed it or something. How do I tell him that or do I not bother to unless he askes?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

2. DragKing692

Here's what I would do:
    I would say, "Listen, I wanted to tell you that I am gay. I do not have feelings for you and those moments where we seemed to 'play gay' together meant nothing to me. I hope that you accept this, and will support me."
    Good luck, and let me know how things are.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie

3. yooper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks, I'll post on here how things go next month