1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated and trapped

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PhoenixOfAshes, Jun 7, 2015.

1. PhoenixOfAshes

Okay so I'm trying to come out to my best friend about being Transgender, but every time I try to the words get caught in my throat. I can't even type it out to him online because I just freeze up. I told him about a year ago that I think I might be gender fluid, I've known since before I was 9 that I was a boy, but I thought saying I was gender fluid might be easier and now I don't even remember why I thought that... :eusa_doh: He respects my preferred name and everything, which is amazing because whenever he says it I almost burst into tears (out of happiness - he's the only person who will call me that).

The thing is, no one will respect me when I say I'm gender fluid, let alone transgender except for him. I have another transgender friend (FtM) and everyone calls him by his preferred pronouns and names, but when I said I was gender fluid I was "Asking for attention" and "Just copying him". Whenever my friend calls me by my preferred name I always hear at least once "Oh yeah, I forgot he calls you that" Hell one time I even got "That's not your name, now get it over it."

Even though I know he'd be supportive, I literally can't get up the nerve of saying it to him, but I 100% want to... I just have no idea what to do or how to say it or... :help:

2. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    it sounds like he is already totally okay with it - and already knows you prefer to be called by male pronouns and that you are a boy. are you nervous because you feel he'll find trans more permanent than genderfluid? right now do you go back and forth beween male/female on different days? or does he always call you by your male name?

3. PhoenixOfAshes

He just calls me by my male name, he still calls me by female pronouns. I'm generally forced into dressing extremely feminine because my pap would have my head if I dressed masculine every day, and I'm also forced to act feminine as well because of the way my school is. He always calls me by my male name because technically it's a unisex name, but it has a very masculine tone to it. He doesn't know I'm a boy and he doesn't read into things very well, so I'd have to tell him very bluntly.
    thank you for replying!

#3 PhoenixOfAshes, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015