1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre coming out foginess

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, Jun 7, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all, this is going to be brief because it is 4 in the morning but really need to write this before go to sleep (as with a few others) but still appreciate your time and effort for response, advice or experience sharing so plz plz comment :slight_smile: it will really help me:

Ok, this is a bit wierd but recently I have felt so clouded. My mind feels like a monkey mind and I can't concentrate on stuff that I enjoy or anything. I think this mental unclairty might be because I am leading up to coming out, but did anyone else get this? and if so how was it after you came out?

I dunno, I just feel really confused and unable to focus on much else at the moment. Its sucking the enjoyment out of things too and its hard for me to talk to people I imagine it is going to be hard to come out to.

2. choirsmash

Yeah, I had this before I came out for the first time. For a good week or two, I couldn't concentrate on anything but getting it off my chest. It was constantly on my mind. I couldn't think of anything else. It was to a point where my resting heart rate was over 100 and I had trouble breathing (due to anxiety). Hopefully, it's not like that for you. Let me just tell you, no matter how much you think about it or how often you rehearse what you'll say, it's not gonna go the way you planned (unless you have like no emotion, but you clearly have enough to worry about it). I couldn't even bring myself to say 'I'm not straight' even though I had said it plenty of times rehearsing in the shower. Nothing could have prepared me for that conversation, I never even had to say it and it went so much better than I had ever imagined. I hope it will be similar for you. If it's affecting you this much, you definitely need to tell someone soon. Good luck!