1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Tuesday may be the day, any last tips? :P

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, Jun 7, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (If you have seen my other posts, please prioritise this one, it is the BIG ONE :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Hi all, this is going to be brief because it is 4 in the morning but really need to write this before go to sleep (as with a few others) but still appreciate your time and effort for response, advice or experience sharing so plz plz comment :slight_smile: it will really help me:

OK, so I think in my mind I have half set a day: this fast arriving Tuesday (09/06/15) to come out to at least one of my best mates who is female and bisexual.

Firstly (1) How do I make sure I stick to this date

and two (2) (PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS ONE EVEN IF BRIEF) is there any last pointers on how I should prepare/get ready for the day? :newcolor:

EDIT: I will be responding all tomorrow ready

2. bajel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    1. Tell your friend you want to speak with her that day and hype it up just enough so that if you try to flake out she won't let you. So text her like "hey can I talk to you sometime on tuesday? It's sort of important let me know" also though be careful because this is literally how one of my friendships got irreversibly damaged but that was my own doing because I was rushing it! But you sound ready.

2. Just go through lots of different scenarios in your head. Also, know that chances are no matter how you think she'll respond, she'll act some other way. Relax, know that things can only go up from here.

Hope I kind of helped!!! Good luck, you'll be fine.

3. MarthRoyIke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Was in the same position as you about a year ago. Here is what I did...

1. Setup the event in a way that you couldn't easily weasel out: "Hey, I need to talk to you about something important on Tuesday, think you'll have some time?" ... I never say this, so they knew it was important and would give me their full attention.

2. Come up with something simple & direct to say: "Hey X. We've been friends for Y years. I consider us close and I trust you. There's something I have to tell you; I'm gay" ... I bet £5 you've already gone through a dozen scenarios in your head; no need to worry over things that might not happen or over-explain yourself for 30 minutes.

3. Just Do It! Once you meet them, don't give yourself time to stall or think. Make it the FIRST thing you talk about, stick to the "script", get those words out ("I'm gay"), THEN worry about explaining yourself and answering questions, etc.

4. Watch and listen to their reaction; one of my friends had a million questions, another said they suspected years ago, another said it's all good and moved on. Each reaction surprised me in different ways.

Hope this helps.

4. emma7

1 ~ Say you want to have a serious talk and make it so its not easy to get out of!

2 ~ Just try and relax as best as you can. It will be a lot easier with you friend as she's bi so you know she WILL accept you :slight_smile:

5. hanshotfirst

tell us how it went since it's now Tuesday night almost midnight here in the States. I think she'll be very open to it especially if she's bisexual too