1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loveislove01, Jun 8, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this friend, and she's really nice and supportive. I've known her for a few months. My girlfriend told me if she came out to anyone, it'd definitely be her, and I wanted to tell her too...
    Today, the topic came up at the lunch table, and she started almost yelling at someone who made a homophobic comment, and told all of us at the table that she believed everyone had the right to love, and that she wouldn't care if any of us were gay or lesbians. It made me really happy, and I think I want to come out to her...should I?
    How should I go about doing this?
    I really want to because it's hard hiding it from people...

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I think you should definitely tell her! It's great that she's so supportive and she'd probably be really accepting if you came out to her. Are there any times during the day you might be able to talk to her alone for a few minutes? That might be a good way to tell her. Or you could tell her if you guys hang out outside of school. It's always great to be able to be open to more people, especially if they're accepting. You may be nervous before you tell her, but once you do you'll probably feel a whole lot better having another person you don't have to hide yourself around. Best of luck!!<3

3. emma7

Go for it! Only if you're ready though. At least you'll have another person to be supportive with you :slight_smile:

4. bi2me

Sounds like a good person to come out to!