1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i tell my grandparents im gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MidnightStar, Jun 8, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    My grandparents are the people that basically was in my entire life they live down the street so when i was younger they where like our baby sitters and 2d parents if anything was to ever happen.

They are old but i'm unsure how accepting their religion is catholic but i don't think they'd drop me in the trash if they found out i just don't know if they would agree or disagree. I have only told my parents and my aunt and uncle the rest are probably still assuming I'm bisexual.

I feel like i do and don't want to tell my grandparents and the only reason why i suddenly feel the need to say something is because whenever we go out to eat dinner at a restaurant or try to try speak with me they ask if i have a boyfriend, and i say no and try to move past the topic of men.

This does continue to happen though and i don't want them to be shocked one day when they find out i'm with a female that's just not what i would want to put someone else in the situation of so i find telling sort of needed. Yet, i came out in such a confusing and unplanned manner to my parents i don't want to do that to my grandparents!
    any help? and should i tell?

#1 MidnightStar, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. biisme

If you're not sure of their views on sexuality, you could try bringing up a LGBT current event and seeing what they say. Perhaps the Supreme Court ruling on marriage? It sounds like you are very close with your grandparents. Do your parents perhaps have a better idea of your grandparents' opinions?

3. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents, I really don't want to get them involved in this because of a mixture of reasons not all bad not all good. But I can surely ask my aunt, you have a good idea.
    :slight_smile: