1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If someone was to tell you they like you..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zeus, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Zeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Would you rather have them tell you online? over the phone? through a text message? a note? have a friend tell you?

And explain why :slight_smile:

Lol sorry, I just need some advice

2. whitefang

over the phone

3. -Michael-

Have them tell me.

People with no balls annoy me.
    ( lol girls suck )

JOKES!

Anywho, I'd always tell someone to their face, and i'd expect the same.

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    to my face probably

5. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd rather someone told me to my face. Two reasons for that...firstly because if I felt the same way I could just pounce on them (ok in case you think Im a complete weirdo...that was a joke)! It is so much better when you can read someone's body language when they tell you. Also those kind of things are so awkward when you arent face to face. If you tell someone on the phone or in a text then the next meeting with the person will be gut wrenching! But hey thats just me and I'm not exactly an expert on courtship.

6. Mickey

Yup...face to face would be the best.

7. Grof142007

def face to face no matter how awkard

8. jazzrawr

Face to face, even if it's subtle, because if it's by text or by phone or something then when you see them next, it's incredibly awkward. You don't know what to do or say. If it's face to face, you have to react immediately.

9. Zeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Face to face it is. But can anyone tell me how to say it? I just don't want to be like "Hey I like you."

10. Smiley1123

Yeah face to face definitely...you could be like "hi *insert name here* i have been thinking and i've decided that I like you. And then wait for the person to react. That may be a little awkward, but i've never had to do it before..

11. whitefang

Can I change my answer???

12. Zeus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I sent him a message on facebook saying "hey what's up? what time time are you going to school tomorrow? I gotta tell you something important."

so he's gonna look for me tomorrow then how do i say it? should i write a letter and let him read it (while im there... good thing bout it is youre calm when youre writing it so you wont forget anything), or just say it to him face to face (i might stutter though and forget stuff)

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Face to face preferably, if not then over the phone. Anything else is too indirect.

14. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

Definitely face-to-face. If they're to cowardly to tell me something like that in person, I probably wouldn't like them anyway.

15. Paralyzer

Omg, you guys are crazy. I'm disagreeing with ALL of you.. xD
    But maybe it's just me because things can get awkward FAST if you're caught off guard

I prefer notes. I think they're sweet and you have a lot of time to put all your thoughts and feeling into something directly from you, but in a nice and pleasant manner. Face to face is alright if you.. well.. are really good friends and comfortable, but other than that I think it's downright awkward.

I get notes from people that like me (girls... xD and then rarely a guy) and I like it because notes are slow and you're not pressured into giving an answer right away. If it's the weekend, then I think about the note over the weekend. This guy gave me a note and I ended up calling him (after my friends threatened they would if I didn't) and we ended up spending the week together which was awesome. Weird thing is, he was taken and I ended up spending the week with his boyfriend too... but they are both really awesome

But in general, I definitely prefer cute and thoughtful notes. :] You guys must have some serious balls :/

EDIT:
    But I guess I kind of agree with the face to face. It can be nice. The only issue I have is that it can get awkward. If you write him a letter and give it to him but still stand there.. that sounds pretty nice. Get the major points out of the way and then you can just let your feelings speak for you :]

#15 Paralyzer, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  16. Pendrin2020

Face to Face. To thine own self be true.

17. justinishere

I think face to face would be best. If not then notes or texts are cute too :slight_smile: but like everyone said I would prefer to be told...

18. thespanishheart

I guess face to face is more direct and personal, but I'm far too shy to try that haha I still can't force myself to come out to a friend. Not as easy as it sounds...

19. Jonathan

I'm too shy for face-to-face and it could get awkward really fast. I would prefer something like a note, where I have time to think about my answer and don't have to give a response like that second.

20. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Face to face definitely. I would just be like "hey *insert name here*, you wanna catch a movie on friday? (or whatever you want to do for a date or whatever, coffee, etc..