1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of need someone's opinion and experience here

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedHeadHatter, Jun 12, 2015.

1. RedHeadHatter

I am seriously thinking of coming out to a close friend of mine. I never thought about it before, I mean, I never really had the need to tell anyone, but this friend went to the LGBT (Idk if in other countries the letters are the same) parade (here in Brazil) accompanying a lesbian friend. She is really supportive with everything, and don't care about people sexual preferences, however, the fact that her attitude towards me might change scares me. To explain it a little further, she thinks I am asexual, I told my close friends so I would't have problems with them finding it strange that I don't date girls, but she was always honest with me and she thinks I am always honest with her... I don't know how she might react.

PS: On a different note I was thinking about not coming out to her directly, but that's another story.

2. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think her attitude will change and if it does it well probably be a more supportive and accepting attitude. You will be showing her the real you and being honest is a great quality that people respect. She is already a supporter of the LGBT community ( which is the same accrynom used in the U.S. ) as you stated. I think she will be flattered that you chose to come out to her. I think this will only make your relationship stronger, I say go for it! Good Luck!

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that if she is going to the LGBT parades, she will be perfectly okay with you coming out to her. I doubt that she will be too upset with you; it's understandable to be hesitant when coming out to someone important, and I think that she will understand that. I know that my friends were not too upset that I didn't tell them first, and I think that your situation will be the same. You should probably tell her sooner rather than later, just to get it off your chest.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can tell her that the reason you called yourself asexual was that you were not interested in dating girls, but that you have since discovered that the reason you were not interested in girls is that you are gay and now only attracted to boys, not that you are asexual towards everyone.