1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidentally came out maybe

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Anonymous

I might have accidentally come out and I'm terrified. I've been super secretive about my sexuality around my friends from my new school and now I think I may have come out.

So I was watching Netflix with my friend on her phone and she got bored so I told her she could go on my tumblr on my phone if she wanted. She was scrolling through the feed and came across a post by some lesbian *dating* blog and went "really? You follow (blog name)?!". I was so embarrassed and tried to cover it up like "oh I didn't know I followed them must've been an accident" but she totally didn't buy it. Then she continued to check out the blog and asking if I was looking for someone or something and it was so embarrassing.

I don't know if she was trying to be accepting but I am so humiliated there are no words

2. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think is in this instance you have nothing to worry about. When it comes to people knowing your sexual orientation, it's no one's business but your own. Everybody deals with sexuality differently to others and there are people who are straight follow and are interest in LGBT issues, blogs, tumblr account whatever. Because they might a family member, friend or an acquaintance that's in the LGBT community and it doesn't make them gay because they might be interested in what they have to say, because it could help them to understand more when it comes to getting to know the person they know, so they don't sound like an idiot when they are talking about it with them.

From the sounds of what you are saying, if you feel you are not ready to deal with 'coming out', that is normal. Don't feel like you have to, because of what people have found out what you follow on the internet. If people start to ask questions you can say to them "It's a subject I am interested in yes....but whether if it makes me gay or not, it's no ones business. As much as I respect you as a family member/friend, I know that I have nothing to hide and I haven't done anything bad, I just want to be informed and I hope you respect that." I hope this helps?