1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something else ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Napalm Kitty, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Napalm Kitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a 17 year-old teen living in the heart of Atlanta, GA.

With a slim stature and an androgynous aura, I've physically been a fairly attractive female all of my life. I admit that in the past, I liked to admire the human body, whether it be a girl or a guy. However, I had an epiphany while I was in my Analysis class last year during my junior year in high school: I was not meant to be a girl in the physical sense! That led me to conclude that I was a transgender in a more basic sense without the need for gender reassignment surgery, but I'll explain that later. I thought it ended there, but I knew that I was and am, definitely attracted to guys and not girls. So being a guy in the body of a girl who was attracted to men made me fit into another group, gay. And I would have opted for the gender reassignment procedure if I weren't so easy for me to find a boyfriend as a "female". I am mostly comfortable in this body although I would prefer the breasts and some other features to go M.I.A. I let my partners know and they understand completely that I am a guy. Others might say that I am confused and maybe I am. All I can say is that I am an exception. I don't have a label for myself. Being a "gay transgender" might explain it a bit, but it doesn't matter. I know who I am.

I write to know if anyone understands, if anyone can relate.

2. Jim1454

Hi there - and welcome to EC. I can't really relate to what you're feeling, but what I can say is that I'm happy for you that you've realized these things about you at such an early age.

I didn't figure out why I felt so out of place until I was in my mid 30s!

So again, welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :wave:

You do have a label for yourself - Napalm Kitty. You are what you are. It may take more words to explain than "gay" or "straight", but if you know what you are, that's all that matters. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Ben

Ben

I think it's great that you have figured out who you are. It's good that you don't worry so much about labelling yourself as one thing or another.
    And I can understand where you're coming from as well. I saw a programme with a man who felt he was a lesbian, and had gender reassignment surgery. Neither sexuality or gender have to be concrete, and that's what confuses a lot of people when trying to figure out their own sexuality. It's great you have figured this out for yourself.

And welcome to EC :slight_smile: