1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to change?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WhiteFox, Dec 9, 2008.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My main thing is that I always go for younger people, my whole life. 2-3 years younger always. My most serious relationship was wit a girl that was 2 years younger and it lasted for 3 years and my recent ex (connor) was 15, (im 18) and yea his mother found out and flipped a total bitch. so yea we are done by force. now I am goin out wit a new guy and I like him alot but like connor... He is also 15. I dont think personally I am sick cus at 15 hes only 3 years difference and I feel he is old enough to know what is goin on and stuff. not like talking advantage of a kid you know? anyways I jus hope im not a fool setting myself up to get hurt again. i want his mom to find out, infact im telling him soon that he must tell his mother about us cus i dont like secrets. I hope she is understanding and sees me as a responsible person and doesnt totally freak out you know? cus yea some parents see 18 as jus an age and other parents see a law breaker. umm can someone plz give me HONEST input, id really like to know weather negative or positive. thx

Fox

2. Pendrin2020

i'll PM you.

3. Pendrin2020

It probably has nothing to do with the law. Dating a guy is just like dating a girl in a lot of ways. Every time they see an older man, it puts them on edge. Three years is a long fucking time at our age. Three years apart is two entirely different body structures. You're filling out, he's probably not.

Same reason people don't trust pit bulls (I love mine though).

On an instinctive level size is only the beginning. Deeper, the parents feel that if you can't get along with men your own age then you are just taking advantage of their kid who may not know any better than what you are telling him. It's fucked but that's how the world works. THERE ARE PREDATORS EVERYWHERE.

My advice is to kindly break it off. Between experience, schools, parents and legal battles, there is more drama between those two numbers than I would dare to approach.

You may want to consider hanging out at places where there are more men over 18, college campuses are great. there is a great hookah bar right down the street from my campus and I don't even go to school.

Good luck, and I do support leaving the 15 year-old. Poor kids got enough going on with hormones and school.

Pendrin

4. Evanfan

i think Pendrin2020 is right when he says that people create a lot of drama over these things... they do... and u cant stop it from happening.. u know many times people say that love knows no age.. and that's true.. but sometimes you have to look at all sides... legally it shouldnt be allowed for you two to be together.. but i mean.. yeah.. you love eachother.. sometimes changing is the best thing to do.. but sometimes you can't or u dont know how to start.. so first ask urself if you'll be willing to change... and ohow much.. then look at all the sides and then make ur decision

5. ColdSnap

to be honest, between the ages of 13-18 each year makes quite a bit of difference
    Thinking back to being 15, i'd be comfortable dating someone 18, if a tad scared.
    Now that i'm 19, i'd feel very uncomfortable dating a 16 year old. Ultimately whatever is right for both of you is fine, personally i wouldn't like it.

6. Trystan

hmmm I have to agree... sorry mate. It will just cause loads of problems - all the one's you've had before.

but you could temporarily call it off and get back together with him when he's 16 - it's legal then (in the UK... Not sure about the US though. I'll have a look)

7. JCal

Out Status:
    A few people
    In my opinion it all depends on the 15yr old if he's ready or not. Some kids that age are mature [not fully mature, but more mature than others their age], while others are drama filled emotional wrecks. I don't know if you said he was out or not, but that might be a big deciding factor too. If he is then he has gone through the whole accepting process, but if he isn't out then he still has to work through some things, which would make a relationship [with anyone at any age] hard to deal with.
    As for his parents, i would understand if they weren't accepting of the relationship just because there's such a big gap between you two. Not so much of an age gap, just an experience gap. They'll see it as now that you're legally an 'adult' that you will want to go out and drink, and smoke, and party. And since you're with their son they'll assume that when he's with you he'll be doing those same things, or if he's not personally doing them they will be being done around him.
    If his parents are ok with it after he tells them, I think it would be a good idea to talk with them. Just to give them the peace of mind knowing their son isn't with their worst nightmare.
    So if you personally think he's ready to be in a relationship, have him tell his parents before it gets too serious so nobody ends up hurt or in trouble.
    Hope I was atleast a little help :slight_smile:

8. JCal

Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah I know in Ohio [where I live] the age of consent is 16 too

9. Trystan

that''s alright then :slight_smile:

just remembered I nearly got in a relationship with an 18 year old girl when I was only 14 1/2. My mum didn't mind, but it might be a bit different with another guy for some parents :S

just play it safe

10. Mind Freak

Aw. No don't change! I think it's great that you like younger guys.
    You're nice and I can tell you're not sick, and at least you're picking mature guys and not like 10 year olds or something. : )

3 years isn't that big of a difference during and after high school.

I've never liked someone younger than me; always older, and it never seems to work out. *tear* Lol. Oh well.

But I think you're fine the way you are, especially since you're not trying to take advantage of him. : )

11. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thx for everyone's input, it means alot to me. Truthfully this was not a conversation to help me figure out what to do now but more in the future. If this relationship fails for the same reasons then i am going to promise myself to not do this again, ask for this relationship... I care about him, I cant jus call it quits. thx again for your help and advice guys really

Fox

12. Mind Freak

Oh but I will say this; while it isn't exactly legal, I don't think it's horrible. Unless the guy was like a rapist or something THEN it's horrible.

Sometimes I think people put too much on age, other times I think it's appropriate to stress age differences. I'm probably contradicting myself like CRAZY lol.