1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's gonna be SO awkward when I come out to HIM

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fxngirl, Jun 16, 2015.

1. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I just finished high school and I was planning to come out afterwards, and now it's even more urgent because there's this guy who really likes me and, whenever we hang out with our friends, he's all clingy and wants to make out with me. A month ago I told him I was questioning my sexuality but he acted like I told him nothing, because he still kept hitting on me. It took me a while to figure out and be sure of being a lesbian because I really do care about this guy and I kinda enjoy when we kiss, but in the end I realized I don't feel anything more (he's always the one kissing me and cuddling me, I never do anything and I don't even touch him basically).
    I'm sick of this situation and I don't wanna lead him on, but I'm scared of coming out to him because I'm afraid he's gonna think I wanted to play with his feelings, while honestly I was just really confused. How should I come out to him as a lesbian and make sure he believes me?

2. blossoms

blossoms Guest

I think it might be best to tell him that you value his friendship and he means a lot to you as a person, but honestly you just don't feel that way about him. If you're ready to come out to him, just tell him in your own words that you've been trying to figure out who are you and that you've experienced a lot of confusion but you know now that you're a lesbian and that's the reason you don't feel anything more towards him. I don't necessarily think there is anything you can do to convince him except tell him the truth and how you're feeling. He'll either accept it and truly try to understand the complicated situation you were in, or he'll question it a little, but just stick to your guns and tell him what you've told us and hopefully he'll react positively. Best of luck, I hope it goes well :slight_smile:

#2 blossoms, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  3. Feln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Blossoms's advice is really good.
    Be honest all the way through, I think he'll take better you telling him that you are lesbian, than telling him that you're not attracted to him. *men's logic*

4. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Thank you so much for the advice :slight_smile: I hope he'll believe me because when I told him I was questioning it didn't sort any effect. This time I'm sure of it though, in fact I'll tell him that I'm gay and that's it.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2015 at 05:59 PM ----------

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :wink: