1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greenhorn, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Greenhorn

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I just recently discovered I am genderfluid/genderqueer (not quite sure yet), but I am already planning my future. I don't think I am ever coming out to my friends and family... it's just that I am very uncomfortable losing my "status". I'm not sure how to explain this but for the outside world I have build up some sort of identity; other people see me just as male. And I am afraid I will lose this when I say I am actually genderqueer, because than people will always see me as a male who pretends to be a female sometimes (or even describe me as gay). Besides, I also feel comfortable as a male, so there it is no necessity for me to become a female, pronto (except the fact that I want to be one from time to time).

I am currently going to college in the same country where all my friends and family live (I still live at home), so dressing up as a woman is very risky. But for the future, I am considering doing my master of science abroad, which means that I could have more freedom expressing my inner self. I could build a secret new life as genderqueer, without my friends and family even knowing it. Although it may seem a little disrespectful and dishonest to my friends and family, I don't know how else I should do it.

Just wanted to get this out of my mind and hear your thoughts on it...

#1 Greenhorn, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. dm3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You shouldn't be afraid of what other people think of you. Your identity is what you think you are. You should follow your heart and do what you want.