1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Storm Chaser, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Storm Chaser

So lets call this friend Natalie. Yesterday we were texting, and she confided to me that shes not sure if she's pansexual. She said she has been thinking about it for a couple weeks and she isn't really sure. So we talked and I mentioned about experimenting, and she was yeah I would to. So i suggested to her we could both experiment she said she's not sure, so I told her in a couple months if she wanted to we could be open to the idea again. Do you think it's a bad idea? I mean if she wants to experiment and I want to too, then shouldn't we both do it? I told that I wouldn't pressurize or anything, and when I say experiment I mean as in kissing and cuddling and seeing how that feels. We both wouldn't really mind losing our first kiss to each other so..? (We both are 15 1/2 which is why I can't exactly go to a bar and be like hook me up)

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like an alright idea, but I would suggest only doing it if you aren't particularly close to this friend, or if you wouldn't be too disappointed if you lost her. Because if you decide to experiment and she doesn't enjoy it, things could end up really awkward between you two and it might be hard to maintain a friendship.

3. Lyana

I would add that experimenting isn't always conclusive. It's possible that neither of you will enjoy the experience, yet still turn out to be into women in general. I know for me personally, kissing and stuff just doesn't feel so great when I'm not seriously attracted to the other person. So keep that in mind.

That said, there's nothing wrong with experimenting, especially in this situation where it's clear you're both just looking to experiment. Just be honest and upfront and respectful, and you'll be fine.