1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever get excited/turned on when coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by homoecstasy, Jun 19, 2015.

1. homoecstasy

homoecstasy Guest

Do you ever get excited or turned on when coming out, either in the moment or later on when you think about it? I have at times and am wondering if others have too.

2. Riccardo

Riccardo Guest

I came out to only one person. When i said the words "I'm gay" i felt a void in my chest and my head felt like it could explode. I definitely don't get turned on by thinking about coming out but i'm happy you feel more comfortable than me.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I get turned on if a cute girl notices me say it and I get a vibe from her that she likes it! :wink: If it's just to random guys who have hit on me or to a relative it's meh.. I kind of crush a guys dream though when I come out to them so on one hand I feel bad and on the other I feel motivated to do it again :badgrin:

I'm not usually a cruel person though so.. eh. Oh and also reminds me of that song cruel to be kind!
    [YOUTUBE]b9X4rZAA4y8[/YOUTUBE]

#3 ChloeKiss, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  4. guitar

Excited, yes. Turned on, no.

Each time I've come out it's a rush. I feel amped up, but turned on isn't really a feeling I associate with it I'm afraid :|

5. sheenak

Since I've decided to come out I've been more turned on then I thought was possible.I haven't acted on it yet. I can't let those feeling over take using good judgement though.

6. CalluxRising

Well there are times that I get excited in a way that I don't have to pretend or be in the closet anymore but most of the time I just feel indifferent towards it. I'm already out but I just don't feel like telling the world. I mean, if someone asks I won't ever deny that I get attracted to women but I'm definitely not one to be going around telling everyone my gayness.

7. lettuce

Well, the first people I came out to were family (because I didn't really have anyone else to tell), so no sexy feelings there. Now pretty much everybody knows about me so I guess the initial excitement of opening up has died down. Plus it kind of makes me feel more worried than anything.
    With presenting, it's a weird mixture of calming and terrifying but there's definitely no arousal happening. Still, if someone says I look cute or compliments me on my looks then I do kind of get excited, but I think that's more of a universal thing. Right?

8. Mitchell

This is quite an interesting topic!

No, I myself do not get "turned on". I'm 23, and I started coming out at 14. I've been out for nearly ten years.

If anything, I feel a sense of self respect when I may say to someone, "Hey, I'm gay". I typically get a response such as, "Good for you", "Thanks for telling me", or something like that. The only one that really didn't take it too well was my brother. Other than that, everyone I've told... the relationship didn't change one bit.

I have a therapist, who I told, who told me something like I should "embrace my gayness".

We're in the 2010's, gayness has been proven to be a natural thing, and not a choice. Society keeps accepting it, so the stigma of gayness is going away.

As far as the thing in question, being turned on, I suppose that it *can* happen if you're telling someone you're attracted to that you're gay, and they embrace it.

9. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not turned on..,
    But very happy and excited whenever I come out to a new person

10. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not turned on. Sometimes excited, especially when I know people will be accepting, but mostly terrified.

11. Chicagoblue

I came out to my hair dresser yesterday (a gay guy of course) and it was at first a rush...but then very relaxed feeling came over me.

12. Solitaire

nope
    just really really nervous >___<

13. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not excited just okay. but I noticed I'm more confident eversince :slight_smile:

14. choirsmash

The first time I came out I was incredibly nervous but also super excited to be getting it off my chest. When I went home that day, I actually wrote out the conversation in a journal. I read it from time to time and get really happy ( I actually just read it today for the first time in months) and I love it.