1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone's judging you!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused8, Jun 19, 2015.

1. confused8

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have only told one of my friends that I fancy this girl and I know he's supportive.

Do you ever get the feeling that if you're openly gay that everyone is talking about you? More than straight people... Its so annoying and its making me reluctant to come out completely. If someone asks me I tell them I'm just not one to advertise because of how people act.

Anyone else felt like this?

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

They will only talk if you give them reason to. Just being gay doesn't sustain as gossip for long - when I came out it lasted about two weeks but then everyone knew and no longer cared.
    If you don't treat it like a big thing, other people won't either.

3. RedMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to a few people not too long ago. You're not the only one, since I thought they were secretly judging me. It turns out I was thinking too much.

Sometimes it's better to just shrug it off.

4. YinYang

People sometimes talk for a little bit, but not for that long. Besides, who cares what they think, right? You're you and that's all that matters.

5. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I don't think people ever talked about me after I came out, but maybe I'm just oblivious. No matter what, someone is going to say something, but nothing negative they have to say truly makes a difference.