1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wanna come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pyron, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Pyron

I wanna come out as pansexual to my family but i'm scared... advice?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you would have to tell people more about your family and yourself for them to give you relevant advice. Gay-friendly or homophobic? Religious or not? How do they treat other relatives or people who are gay? Conservative or liberal? etc

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

wait have you had small talks about that are related to the topic if they reacted it good toward the topic's I would say this tell them or write a come out letter to them

4. iiimee

Guys, this is my boyfriend irl... I'll answer some of these for him: he's never been on a mostly forum site, so this is new to him. His father is on the fence, and would say things like "I hope you don't make the wrong decision." while his mother is unpredictable. I think they're conservative by the sounds of it. I don't know his father's religion, but his mother is Christian... I am unsure about if they'll be majorly upset or not. It's really hard for us to pick up any hints to their stances atm... I mean, I doubt his mother will be happy, but whether she'll be really aggressive or really calm is unpredictable.
    His sister is getting married to a girl I think, but I don't know if the family is accepting or not...

5. choirsmash

If it's something that's eating away at you (only thing you really think of, causing anxiety, making you physically sick), do it. I don't know how old you are, so I'm not sure if this advice will be helpful or not but if it's not driving you crazy, you may want to wait. I was advised to wait until after my freshman year in college (by someone who did that exact thing and it worked out really well) because you really get to know yourself in that year. You have a lot of time to yourself to figure things out. If you're not even close to college, do it when you feel ready. I, unfortunately, didn't get a chance to take that advice because my parents confronted me about it and I was basically forced to come out way before I was ready. Make sure you're ready, but be careful if you don't tell them yet. Make sure you hide any indications, this website for instance, use incognito windows. If you're ready, go ahead. Good luck!