1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's the big day!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by username41489, Jun 21, 2015.

1. username41489

I know my story is not unique or anything, I have already told a handful of people, all of which have been SUPER supportive (one was kind of weird about it and she thought I had a crush on her bc I "looked at her funny" - I don't care and she's not a true friend anyways). So yeah. I'm going to just blurt it out. I live on the other side of the country so I have to FaceTime with them. This is going to be so liberating. I can't wait to stop living a double life!!

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well congrats! And bet of luck keep us updated and yea it's also great that all or most of your friends have been supporting of your sexuality!

3. username41489

Wow, what a day. It's been a mixture of feelings. I didn't realize how hard it would really be. I thought I could just jump right into it! But man, it was not like that. So I chickened out of FaceTime - so I texted my mom who I instructed to tell the family. My sister has known for 4 years now, and a bunch of people know. I just came out recently to the people I was worried about the most. My conservative Christian friends included. They accepted me and support me 100% and have said the kindest words imaginable. I feel SO lucky. I know a lot of people don't get this type of support, so I'm truly blessed. Anyways, my parents reaction was more confused than anything. They said they will support me and love me just the same. I think they have questions, and they tried to call a few times, but I didn't answer because I don't really want to answer too many questions at this time. I just am glad it's done. I've been crying on and off all day lol, but I think that was expected.

Anyways, I have an idea of how I'm going to subtly come out on social media. I know it's not necessary, but I just want to be who I am, and I'm usually very active on social media. It might cause some tension and people to delete/block me whatever, I actually don't care anymore. I am finally free!