1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dismusical789, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Dismusical789

Okay so I've felt comfortable with my sexuality for a while now the problem is I feel ready to come out to my parents but I don't know how to approach it I'm about to turn 20 and still living at home and I've prepared myself countless time in case their reaction is bad when they find out I'm queer but I still don't know the best way to tell them any advice would be muchly appreciated

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes all you can do is take a deep breath, steel your courage, and tell them. It'll be tough, but just let it out as soon as you possibly can. Don't wait around forever. Anticipation can be worse than the actual thing. Maybe you can sit them down and talk to them, or perhaps if you go out to dinner and they're in a good mood, you can tell them. Anyways, I don't know if your parents are homophobic or not, but in the very worst case scenario, at the very least you're an adult and can escape a bad situation.