1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out As Pansexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Posthuman666, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I am not by any means rushing to come out, since I don't even know how I would say it or when. I'm just looking towards the future so to speak. I am also trans, but want to save that for later.

It's horrible to have to hide who I am. I don't like it but I sometimes don't feel like I have a choice sometimes. My family is decently conservative, not super conservative but still practicing catholics and all that. I sort of want to come out, but I also really don't want to.

When I do, I think I'll just take the "hey mom, Im pansexual" route rather than anything too vague or too straightforward. I really love boys, and girls, and all non-binaries and trans and everyone else and I just love who I love. I am attracted to anyone, regardless of gender or sexuality. It's a big part of who I am, and I've already repressed it and denied who I was for my entire life up until last year. Im done with lying to myself and this community and being on EC has helped me tons. Now that I know who I am, a pansexual non-binary trans woman, and I have accepted myself and love myself, for the first time in forever.

That so, the pressure of being in the closet is coming fast, and I don't know how long I can take it.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Posthuman!

You should be prepared that not everything might go as planned. Your mom might ask you about your gender. In that case, be prepared to either go with the truth or "I don't want to talk about that right now, we can talk about that later."

I sort of did it step-wise... I came out as "not a guy" first, and after I simply felt that honesty gravitated me toward femininity and in the end female, I told her that too. Somewhere along the way I told her I like guys, also...

Try to focus on being honest about your feelings.

The closet sucks, it's dark and cramped. Like JK Rowling said: "If Harry Potter taught us anything it's that no one should live in a closet."

*hugs*

3. Images and Words

I've noticed coming out as Pan isn't so bad because a lot of people don't know what it means :lol: They just give me a confused look and ask if I'm attracted to kitchenware.
    My family is also quite conservative (and are practicing Catholics)
    A good way of describing Pansexual to a conservative may be to say you're "Gender-blind" because if not, you may have to try and explain all the various non-binary types, and, again, may ease to "stress" off the family member/relative/friend.
    Sounds like a good way to describe it.
    Hope everything goes well!
    I/W (*hug*)