1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to my friends.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by staries, Jun 22, 2015.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a couple of friends who will be going to the same high school as me who will have already known me pre everything. Since I'm going to identify as male soon, how do I come out to my friends? I don't want them to have to find out on the first day of school by hearing people refer to me as something that's not my birth name. Help!

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Daryl!

Are you in touch with your friends? If you're in touch IRL and meet them on a regular basis, couldn't you tell them upfront, or would you be nervous about that?

Otherwise, do you have contact details over the internet? Maybe on facebook or something, though perhaps facebook isn't ideal...
    Or could you text them?

Are they close friends or casual acquaintances? If close, maybe you could write a letter and share with them, if casual, maybe a ^text or so would do the trick.

3. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am in touch with them IRL. I would be extremely nervous about talking to them about it to their face. One of my friends, (let's call her "G") have been friends for 2 years and my mother is fond of her parents and vice versa. (&&&)
    G is accepting, (or she seems to be) because her fave actress came out as lesbian and she was happy for her. I'm just nervous about how to tell her and her reaction.

I have another friend, who I'm developing a friendship but I want to tell her too.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, what do you think of doing it online then? :slight_smile: Internet or phone?