1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad can't know, but he should

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Purple One3, Jun 22, 2015.

1. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 15 year old transgender female. A majority of my friends know this, and so does my brother. (I'm so happy that ALL my friends are accepting of LGBT people, and who I am :icon_bigg )Anyway, my sister be understanding, I just haven't told her yet. Then there are my parents. Im not sure. I could put money on my mom approving, she is a flexible person when it comes to matters such as this. But my dad, I'm not sure he knows what transgender means, I'm not sure if he thinks transgender is against Christianity (my family and I are christian), and I'm not sure how he would react in general. I love him very much, and he has always loved me and my siblings no matter what. If he accepts, I could maybe start coming out to everyone, start transitioning soon, and other exciting things. On the other hand he could not accept and be... Not angry... I can't describe it but he would acknowledge that I know how I feel :slight_smile: I actually think he would take it well. Guess I just need some advice/encouragement from people that are veterans of coming out or people that are like me.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!
    I think coming out to your parents is a good idea. They probably wouldn't have a negative reaction, they might just be surprised for a little while. Transitioning would likely help you a lot and coming out is the only thing in your way. Maybe tell your mom first and get her to help you tell your dad. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your support!

4. Im Hazel

Well, there is nothing about being transgender in the Bible. I posted before. so here it is.

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for enlightening me. It means a lot! (I REALLY do not know what to say)

6. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so today I'm going to try coming out to my mom. I think things will work out but I'm still super nervous! However, I suck at explaining things that are more serious or important. Can anyone think of a simple way to describe what it means to be a transgender?