1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* Coming Out Stories, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kodo, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shout out to my trans brothers and sisters.

So I thought it would be encouraging if we shared our coming-out stories. If you have one, or have written it in a different thread but can link it back here, please share.

Right now I'm still not out though my sights are set for August 15th.

Thanks,
    -Rhys-

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have much outtage to speak of, maybe not yet, but when I did tell two of my girlfriends, we talked about my feelings and then they put makeup on me and they now refer to me as she :slight_smile:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

4. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy that both your parents handled it that well!

5. Im Hazel

Most people will have seen this, but eh. (It's fairly recent.) I might be doing some follow-up assemblies for the little-uns. ^^

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    lots of random coming-outs, me being extremely awkward and people being a bit surprised or whatever...

7. randomconnorcon

I'm out to a couple of friends, which is kind of cool. There was no big reaction or anything; one friend said he had another friend who was also genderfluid, they all asked me for my name and pronouns (except one who just asked for my pronouns, but I still go by the shortened version of my birth name as well as my preferred name so I didn't really care about that because she'll know eventually).

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some were more interesting than others. My finest ones were with old friends or classmates.

My friend Drew invited me over to his place after school to talk, mostly to get to the bottom of why I was so depressed that year. I danced around the subject for a good 30 minutes or so until I just told him I was trans. He was more curious about what it meant to be pansexual when I brought that up, but ultimately said I was a brother to him at the end of the day. He had a "that's it?" type of reaction like he was expecting something more shocking or intense. We haven't spoken to each other in a few years, but I shouldn't have expected the worst since he's an ally.

With two other classmates I played a "guess who" type of thing on tumblr after I randomly found them. One of the messaged me later on that day on there or Facebook to let me know they're supportive and applaud me for being courageous in being out--the usual positive response you get from people. A third person's response came in after I commented on a coming out video he made about two years ago. I said that I was surprised that there were more queer identified folk that we had classes with and that being in the closet kept me from continuing my senior year with them. He messaged me on Facebook months later asking if that was me, and we had a super short talk about it. He took it really well, which was a surprise for me since he was in a particular hate crime related dream I had way back.

9. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came out to my mom that I'm a transgender!!! I came out to her and she immidiatley talked about how she would always love and support me no matter what! Then we hugged. Most satisfying hug I've probably ever had. Just hours of thinking, waiting, YEARS of wondering now put to rest. :icon_bigg(!):grin::icon_bigg