1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out to parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YinYang, Jun 23, 2015.

1. YinYang

Ok, so I'm a pansexual female and, for a while, I thought I was bisexual. I told my parents and they reacted okay... My mom said she loves me for who I am and that she'll never stop loving me, so that's good. But my dad said it was probably a phase and that I would get over it or choose to either be gay or straight. :confused:. At first, I was just glad he didn't start yelling or get mad, but now that I think about it more, it bothers me more and more. I now know what my sexuality is and I know that will never change. It's who I am.

P.S. I also am thinking of coming out to my sister, but I'm not sure if I should. She's 11, so I don't know if it's too early to tell her.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, OH MY GOSH IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! And second, don't let what your dad said bother you. He only said what he said was because he is ignorent. At one point he'll come to terms with it. Just like you said your sexuality is WHO YOU ARE. As for your sister, I'm not sure. Whatever you decide is what's best when it comes to this matter. Congrats again on coming out!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

3. YinYang

Thank you. It just kinda hurts, you know? When a parent says the sexuality you sat is yours doesn't exist... Oh well.

4. alli o

alli o Guest

I am sorry about your dad but as you bring more boys and girls home he will start to figure out your truly love both you sister I do not know her but I would personally bc ik she will understand I would just question her maturity

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Your sister would likely just laugh it off, I don't think she would take it bad.

First, if you're out as bisexual, well, some people consider pansexual to be under the bisexual umbrella.
    I'm guessing that as far as they understand it, saying you're bisexual already means you like everybody (the literal definition of pansexual). So for practical purposes I don't think you need to mention that. If you want to, you can still go ahead with it of course :slight_smile:

You can tell them you're not into sex at all (asexual), too, if you want to.

hope that helps

x