1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eventually coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AnonConfusion, Jun 24, 2015.

1. AnonConfusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom barely cares about me now as it is. She thinks of me as her own personal free babysitter. If she barely cares about me when she thinks I'm straight, then how is she going to feel when I eventually come out to her as lesbian? My whole family is going to want nothing to do with me. Granted I have about 2-3 years until I can come out when I'm out on my own don't have to worry about being kicked out, I'm scared about my families reactions. Every person I am related to is so judgmental it's ridiculous. Any tips?

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure. It sounds safest to come out when you've moved out. Hang in there!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    According to your profile, you have told two people so far + us. :slight_smile: How did the two people take the news? Do you have their support?

If you can tell more people and build up a support network it will make it a little easier to come out to your family. If your mom and other family members do take your news badly, you will have those other people to turn to and that could be really important for you. Are there any LGBT support/social groups in your local area? It might be good to make some connections to add to your personal support network.

4. AnonConfusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They both took it very well. They have told me they will support me through everything. I am joining the GSA at my school for my sophomore year coming up, so hopefully I will get a good support system from being in that.

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh mmy gosh! That's amazing!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap (*hug*)