1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just really need to post this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JT, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JT

JT

December 13th marks the one year anniversary. Last year, on December 13th, a senior at my high school jumped to his death, off a bridge, some lengths to the concrete below. I was listening to Winter by Bayside, and I just started crying...

I've had a tough day today,and hearing that song just made me think of him. I was good friends with him in elementary school, and somewhat in middle school. We started to drift apart when he went to high school seeing as was in the grade ahead of me.

He was a good kid. Outgoing, on the track team, and a good student. The root(s) of his suicide was a plethora of things. A combination with stopping taking his anxiety meds and anti depressants...

But one other thing, I was informed that he had been struggling with coming out. He was gay, too. He had told 5 people before the tragedy.

I just felt this was necessary.

R.I.P, MAS

2. Greggers

That is so sad. Atleast his story lives on, thanks for posting!

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

oh my lord. i am so sorry. may he rest in peace :[

4. Peter

Feeling so lost that you are willing to take your own life is always dramatic. When it is a young person whose whole life is still ahead it is a pointless tragedy. There is always a way out. I can only hope that something came out of this, that some people questioned their empathy towards him, their prejudices, their own actions in isolating or shaming people... Take care of yourself.

5. Mickey

I agree with what you said. There are so many other options and so much help
    out there. Too many people, (especially young people), kill themselves every year.
    This is the thing that the LGBT activists need to stress,when fighting for equal rights.
    Instead of having "a day without gays", get statistics together and show what really
    happens when LGBTs are treated the way we are.
    EDUCATE! That's what will get us our equality. Show the public how it really is,not how they sometimes perceive it to be.

6. Gumtree

One of my friends from my school did the same thing this year on the 10th November - he was also struggling with sexuality but his problems originated from much more sinister things.

We all remember him for loving to sing and dance to the song "Better be Home Soon" by Crowded House - I heard it today on the radio in car and couldn't keep myself together either.

RIP T.L

7. TheRoof

that is SOOO sad.
    i hate when someone like kills oneself...
    makes me feel really depressed and sad...
    may he rest in peace

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    (*hug*) I'm so sorry for your loss. We just have to keep talking to people, being open and out, and living authentic lives for this to stop. If you know of somebody bullying somebody else in school (whether gay or not) step in and do something. Tell at teacher or a principal. Say something when people are making homophobic remarks. We can do this for MAS and all the other kids who have committed suicide because life was too painful to live.

9. summersforecast

:icon_sad:
    my cusin killed himself it was the saddest thing my family, (yuck i hate that word) had to go through:tears:

10. acorn7

It's really sad, but as it was said, at least his story lives on. These situations are tragic, and a reminder of how far we still have to go to make everyone feel accepted and loved. We'll remember him!

11. thespanishheart

That's sad :icon_sad:

Not a great way to go --- I'd be scared crapless to even... argh.

It's tough being us :eusa_doh: