1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my family advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by queenofcows, Jun 24, 2015.

1. queenofcows

I'm planning on coming out to my mom on Friday and I'm just a little bit nervous. ;-; I know she will accept me (at least I hope) because she's not a homophobe and has a few lesbian friends. I guess I'm mostly just scared that she won't let me ever have friends that are girls come over to my house anymore. I care about my best friend so much and I don't want to lose her... I'm not attracted to her at all either. After I tell my mom if anyone ever asks I just plan to say who I am. I think my brother will take it well too. I'm kind of worried about my father though. I've never been close to my father and he's never been apart of my life. I live with just my mother and I know my father is a heavy Christian but I'm not sure what he believes in... I'm just scared he's going to like cut us off or something. I didn't realize how much holding this in was hurting me until I started looking things up online... I'd watch coming out videos and cry because I wanted to be like that. I guess I mostly just need a pep talk because I'm kind of scared. ;-;

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its alright! I think your mom will still love just the way you are. In fact, this can actually bring you and your mom closer. And I bet she'll still let you hang around your friends just as much. I'm not as sure about your dad, but I think he'll the same. Good luck!

3. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Your mother sounds like a very understanding person, and I don't think she would stop you from having girls around, and it might just need some extra confirmation to her that you are capable of having girls who are just friends without being attracted to them.

As for your dad, I believe that if your mother and brother support you, they will try and make him understand. Don't be afraid if he doesn't come round instantly, a lot of things go through a parent's mind when their child comes out. Be patient, calm, and understanding.

I wish you the best of luck. You have made more progress than a lot of people around the world. I'm actually rather inspired myself :icon_bigg

4. queenofcows

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile: I feel a whole lot better now. :3

5. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not a problem! Stay safe :lol: