1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm about to be outed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by comingout18, Jun 24, 2015.

1. comingout18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, I'm a new member here but I have been visiting for months. Basically, I'm 18 and I'm 90% sure I'm a lesbian (or it not a lesbian then I am at least bisexual with a strong preference for girls). The problem is that someone from my school found my tumblr which definitely proved that I am not completely straight, and I'm really worried she might out me before I'm ready. I was originally planning on coming out tomorrow to my friends as it's my prom night and we are all going for a meal before so we will all be together but now I feel like I'm being forced into it incase the girl outs me, and it's not like I'm close to the girl so I can't approach her about it. I panicked and deleted my tumblr within about two hours of her following me, which definitely gives her enough time to work out that I'm not straight. please help I really don't know what to do!

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first of all welcome! I hope you enjoy your time in EC! And second of all, I don't really know if there is anything you can do. I just hope that even though this person may be aware, that they won't just out you. And if this person does out you, that everything will work out in the end. And if it does come to that as long as you stay true to yourself everything WILL be ok. Sorry if I wasn't much of a help to you:icon_sad:

3. Foz

Foz Guest

Firstly, how could your blog be linked to you? Did you have your name or pictures of you? It seems a bit odd to me that she would 'follow' you if she intended to out you, it's not entirely unlikely that she may be gay too.

4. comingout18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have no idea how she found my blog! It has my pictures on it but not ones that I have ever put on instagram or anything, and I haven't even used my email address, I literally have no idea how she found it :frowning2:

5. Foz

Foz Guest

If it's not your usual pictures nor email address I would question what she searched to find your blog :wink:

6. NSmil3Anna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC =D I don't think you should out yourself on the basis of one person. Enjoy your prom and leave the worries at home and if it does come out be yourself and stay true to what you want.

7. BlueEyes321

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with the above post. Out yourself anyway. It's prob for the best. And I also think your friend was looking for what ever type of stuff you have posted. Maybe she has the same feelings and she's a lesbian. You may of just made a friend you can confide in.

8. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seconded. You just can't stumble into a specific tumblr blog amidst all the Superwholock fanart. Unless you guys do share a fandom?

9. Kaya-Sente

Social politics annoy me. It doesnt make sense to just wait around and see what happens when there is an alternative. Just ask her how she feels about it and what she plans on doing with that information.

Course I am the <non gendered word for king/queen> of "easier said than done", but thats my advice.

10. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  11. comingout18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey I just thought I would update you all on what happened. Basically just before my prom I was sitting with all of my friends and I just decided there is no time like the present!! So I came out and they were completely fine about it, I'm actually shocked it didn't go worse! Obviously they had questions but I think they were more just curios than anything, I'm actually so happy right now! I just need to tell my family now :icon_sad:

12. NSmil3Anna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, so proud you managed to be yourself and out yourself! Everyone has questions I still get asked all sorts =D

13. ant12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i don't think she will out u

14. benefit25

She should not have that opportunity cause it is not her business. Do you know what type of person she is?