1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my mom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LiquidGirlGuy, Jun 24, 2015.

1. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm pretty sure I'm genderfluid, but not all the way. Since I was born into a mormon family, I was taught to think that kind of thing was wrong. Thus I tried to supress and ignore my female side for most of my life. This has made it harder for to me to express my feminine self, which is the only reason Im still a little unsure. However, my mom and I broke off from mormonism long ago and we're actually pretty spiritual now. My mom's thoughts on the lgbt community are that you should just do what makes you feel the happiest. I feel like if my mom knew about my gender fluidity it would help a lot towards getting back in touch with my feminine side, you know like she being a guide in a way? I really want to tell her, and we're a state away from home on vacation, just she and I. We're going to some hot springs tomorrow and it seems like this is a good time to tell her, but on the other hand, I really don't want to ruin her vacation time or our relationship... Does anyone have any experience in this area? Whats the best course of action? I really want her to take it seriously, but I havent been the best about expressing my feminine self....

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I think that if you just tell her how you feel, she'll understand and be serious about it. (*hug*)

3. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks! Maybe I'll do that,. Im not the most confident type of person, so another person's reasurance helps alot. I've been trying to drop some clues the past month, but I don't know if thats worked

4. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem! I'm just glad to meet you!

5. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, me too! I'm pretty new to the site, I've only met a couple other people. :slight_smile: