1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticky Situation...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ryandoesthings, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Ryandoesthings

So I want to come out to my parents and rest of the family as Trans and Pansexual.
    Thing is, the whole family is Christian, and very very homophobic and transphobic (dont get me started on their thoughts on Caitlyn Jenner. *loud sighing*)

I thought maybe I want to wait til I move out to tell them (which will hopefully be in 2017). But Ive also thought about doing it now, but that's not the safest, especially with their views. Im still undecided.
    But how would you come about it if you had moved out, with Christian parents, and the idea that you may never have contact with them after coming out because they dont support you? How do you come out in a respectful way, especially after "agreeing" when they share their thoughts on homosexuality and transgender people?
    I'm one of those people who feel guilty, I shouldn't but I do. ARGH.
    There are definitely many ways, especially with Christian parents and family members and Ive heard a few but I want to know how others would take this situation on...
    Thanks guys x

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your family sounds a little too scary for coming out. I don't know. But there is no reason you shood feel guilty. Your just trying to get by and that's understandable! I'm really sorry about your situation hang in there! (*hug*)