1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my boyfriend I think I may be lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by frozenpeach, Jun 25, 2015.

1. frozenpeach

Hi everyone

I have known that I am pansexual for about four years now and I am privileged to have an incredibly accepting and supportive group of friends and family, inclusive of my boyfriend, who have understood that my sexuality is what it is. The current issue is that I have recently begun to realize that I may in fact be homoromantic or actually lesbian and I have no idea how to begin telling my boyfriend about it. He is such an incredible person, and I really care for him deeply, but the connection that should be there is not.

Three weeks ago the girl that I have liked for 9 months broke up with her abusive ex-girlfriend. I was speaking to her about this issue that I have with having to breakup with my boyfriend and she confessed that she has liked me for a while too. This leaves me in a very uncomfortable situation as I do not want to hurt my boyfriend too much nor do I want to pass up on the opportunity to explore a possible romantic relationship with this girl.

Pansexuality is quite a fluid sexuality and my preference does change but now I realize that it is actually just that I do prefer girls more and I have to see where all of this goes.

If anybody has any advice on how to end it with him without doing any major damage I would appreciate it.

2. W34LTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe the only way to end it with him is to be completely honest with him, and be gentle about it. Explain to him how you feel about yourself, and how you want the best for him, and it wouldn't be fair to him if you weren't being 100% with him, but he was being 100% with you. You both deserve people who are willing to give everything to each other and keep it real. Yes, I'm sure he will be hurt, but imagine how more hurtful it would be if he ever found out you weren't being honest with him. You both deserve genuine happiness! I wish you the best of luck.