1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out to friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YinYang, Jun 25, 2015.

1. YinYang

So, a while ago I came out to my friend as being bi. I didn't know about pansexuality and, since bisexuality was the only sexuality that seemed to fit at the time, I went with it. She was totally ok with it, even though she was raised in a strict Christian home. But, I found out about pansexuality a few weeks ago and I realized that's what I am. I'm going to meet her at the mall in three days and I'm not sure if I should tell her then or wait until school starts again, which is in a couple months.:confused::confused:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi!

First of all, a lot of people actually consider pansexuality as a sub-branch of bisexuality.

So, basically what you would add is "I like people who are neither female or male, too".

People often confuse me as bisexual because they forget/don't know/don't care that there are people who are not only male or female.
    I usually don't care that much about labels though, and just let it go.

If she accepted you as bi, I don't think she'll have any trouble accepting you as pan, although she might be curious of what it means. So you could probably just tell her anytime!

GL, sweetie!

3. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I am Bisexual and I have a female friend of 15 years, so basically all ous lives cause we're both fifteen, and our mothers had been friends for years before us, now multiple times she said she supports lgbtqpa+ people, but I don't know if she might be saying that just because no one really really close to her is apart of this community, or if she really means that, if she'll still thinks it's weird because we haven't seen each other in about a month. I'm really scared because I love her like a sister and don't want to lose literally my only, and best friend, what should I do? And if I'm totally over reacting, that really wouldn't be a suprise, I overreact over literally the littlest things, so yeah I really need some advice, or even just some support for if she doesn't take it well, or even just support in general because my uncle, aunt and cousin, I know they won't take it well, I know that's gonna be really hard, and even though I know it's gonna be hard, I also know that no matter how many times I say that's it's gonna be hard, it won't really prepare me for how hard it's gonna be. So yeah, and in case you didn't notice, I like to ramble.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth

Hi, Ruby! :slight_smile:

I suggest you make a seperate thread of your own about this, you'll get more help then. (&&&) You can copy-paste basically.

5. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah might be better for my rants, thxs:smilewave