1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out or nah?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by google, Jun 26, 2015.

1. google

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im debating on when i should come out to my friends. i know theyll be supportive and stuff (for the most part) Im just scared none of my relationships with them will be the same. like it will be awkward or something.

more specifically: i have close group of friends and there are about 6 of us and we are trying to plan a trip somewhere this summer and i feel like if i tell them then it will be weird when we go.

how do i explain to them that im not like attracted to any of them...?

2. Zgo

Zgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #1 You should always be true to yourself. Think about it truthfully for a second. If you come out to your friends and they aren't supportive to you, are they really your friends? If they cant love you still, if they cant chill with you still because your sexual orientation is different now but YOU aren't...they are not friends that should you be allowed in your circle. When you have to hide who you are just so others can feel comfortable this is wrong.
    And yes explain to them that things wont change, you're not attracted to them. You don't want to sleep with them ect. Just simply say you want them to have your back, you want to be truthful to them, so that you can be true to yourself.
    Just be you.

3. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Zgo is absolutely spot on. Be true to youself and have faith in yourself. My situation is complicated (involving relatives (several friends know, but not relatives)) ......... but generally, the significant thing said here is If you come out to your friends and they aren't supportive to you, are they really your friends? If they cant love you still, if they cant chill with you still because your sexual orientation is different now but YOU aren't...they are not friends that should you be allowed in your circle.
    "Friends" should be just that, and if they have judge you, and pigeonhole you for you to "qualify", then they not really friends.