1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice im coming today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mar0811, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Mar0811

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 15 years old from mexico.

So I’m adrosexual and agender. All my friends know it and they support me. In some weeks I’m going to highschool and they all tell me I’ll meet more people like me (I was in a catholic school so I was trapped). I always avoid thinking about coming out to my parents. I don’t really know my dad, but my mom is a religious woman so I’m a little hopeless. I tried opening discussions about gender and sexual identity like when Miley said she wasn’t a girl or a boy, and Caitlyn Jenner’s transition; both reactions were negative.

I have two sisters. We don’t get along and they called me slurs when I was 12 (that’s when I started realizing my sexuality) they made me cry and feel ashamed for liking boys and being fat. One year later things got worst when I started self harming. The first, second and third person I came out to had a negative reaction and I wanted to kill myself so bad.

My parents send me to a psychologist who wanted to out me and she was really mean to me, I felt ,y world was ending. Another year pass and a boy I had a crush found out and outed me to his friends, they all were the typical popular and mean squad. So I got bullied sometimes, I remember feeling like I was doing something bad and I shouldn’t let people know anything about me. I was really scared, some people told my sister about that and she used it to bully me more. I was more scared at home.

This year my sister went to highschool so I didn’t see her at school anymore. I felt better, I started feeling more confident about myself, I also accepted that I wasn’t a boy and felt free. She found my tumblr, read my Facebook and kick conversation with boys, so she had more things on me. But I didn’t let her anymore. She started using worse words and jokes about me being a girl because I tried make up one time, but I ignored her.

Today she was being mean to me again and said that she was going to tell my parents my “secret” and she was doing me a favor. She just thinks I’m gay. So I told her she shouldn’t assume someone’s sexuality and gender. I told her you have this idea of me but you don’t really know what’s what I am. She left the room angry. I took it as a victory.

It got me thinking that I shouldn’t feel ashamed. And maybe I should come out to my mom. I’m going to high school and its a big step because everyone comes out in high school and I don’t want to live in fear anymore. The Problem is I don't label myself gay and I dont know how to say to her I like boys.

So what should I do, or tips anything that can help me. Sorry for writing too much.

Thanks. - Mar

2. YinYang

You don't need to label yourself at all, if you don't want to. Also, not everyone comes out in high school, trust me. If your family can't see you for who you are, then it's your job to educate them. If that doesn't work, then I'm sorry but there's not much else you can do. You don't have to come out if you don't want to. If you feel like you're not ready, don't tell anyone else. But just know that, eventually, you will come out. And it will get easier.(*hug*)