1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to dad who lives in another country?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by VTH, Jun 26, 2015.

1. VTH

VTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So, I just came to terms with my sexuality (lesbian) and I want to be able to come out to my family, but I'm super scared to tell my dad. Long story short, my mom and dad met in Mexico, had me, and their relationship didn't really work out so they never got married and my dad moved back to Mexico. I sorta have a relationship with him, I mean I do occasionally fly down there to visit him like once every three years.

I'm just scared to tell him because I know that the Mexican culture is very Catholic. He's not really into religion, he's sorta buddhist(ish). Eh. But I know that my extended family down there is Catholic but not really practicing. So, i'm just sort of freaking out because it's going to be hard to tell him something that important over the phone and not being able to tell him in person. The relationship that I have with him is super important to me and I'm just scared of what he and the other part of my family will say.